KEY OBJECTIVES & OUTCOMES
- Identify duplication of effort in the management and administration of technological & business processes across Divisions, and develop a set of strategic solutions to streamline and optimize these functions and staff, where appropriate.
- Develop a set of strategic solutions to optimize space and equipment within and across Divisions, where efficiencies in the purchase and maintenance of equipment, as well as the supervision of shops could be realized.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES & CONSTRAINTS:
- Every effort should be made to protect our ability to recruit, develop, and retain diverse and highly qualified faculty, staff, and students.
- Support for faculty research should be preserved and enhanced so that externally funded research can be increased.
- Strategic solutions to create operational efficiencies should focus primarily on the following operational areas: IT & Communications, Campus Personnel, Shop Services, Conferences & Events, Finance, and Procurement.
- Strategic solutions should protect, and where possible, improve the delivery of services across Campus.
- Every effort should be made to prevent staff layoffs by taking advantage of normal attrition, planned retirements and voluntary reductions.