The Advisory Committee on Campus Access (ACCA) advises the administration on all matters related to access to campus programs, services, and activities by persons with disabilities.
- On-going review of campus services, programs, and activities for persons with disabilities;
- Make Recommendations to administration, via the ADA Compliance Officer, on related issues; and
- Make Recommendations to ADA Compliance Officer regarding Administrative Services’ ADA funding allocations for remediation and repair projects to improve physical access on campus (See Grant Proposal Process page for more information).
ACCA is comprised of twelve (12) voting members, ex-officio members, and advisors.
Voting membership is as follows:
- 4 Faculty (Nominated by Academic Senate)
- 4 Students
- 2 Undergraduate Students (Nominated by AS)
- Graduate Students (Nominated by GSA)
- 4 Staff (Nominated by CSAC)
Ex-Officio Members include:
- ADA Compliance Officer
- Deputy ADA Compliance Officer (Staff to ACCA)
- Director, Office of Equal Opportunity
- Sr. Planner, Budget and Planning
- Director, Disabled Students Program
- ADA Web Compliance Officer
- Deputy Fire Marshall, EH&S
- HR Disability Services Manager
Advisors include representatives from:
- Arts & Lectures
- Communication Services
- Design & Construction
- Housing & Residential Services
- Parking & Transportation Services
ACCA convenes quarterly but may schedule additional meetings as needed. These meetings are open to the general public. For schedule information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 893-7025.
If you are aware of an issue related to physical access on campus that you feel ACCA may be able to assist with, please contact the Deputy ADA Compliance Officer at email@example.com to discuss.